Does He Listen?

Does God listen when we pray? I wonder. I've prayed the same things over and over and gotten no answers. Maybe I'm a sinner. He doesn't listen to sinners. So they say. Or at least those who are not in his will. Or something.

I'm not sure anymore. I don't know why I'm here to be honest. After all the failures and set backs I've prayed for death as much as life. Maybe that's why I get no response. Asking for different things at the same time. 

Now I'm just exhausted. I'm staying in a cold place and I don't like the cold. I ran from it as long as I could. Then I fell on my face in a warmer place and was alone. I start to hate my existence again. There aren't enough pills to make me forget. 

I wonder about mystery. I used to see and believe in it. Now the world seems empirically lost in its own numbers. Things are too real. I can't depend on them. I tried to add some general ease to it but got caught up in sensuality. My flesh was too loud. 

So what do we do? Where do we go when we stop believing God is eager to answer our prayers? If you are listening, please answer now.

"Son I am listening and I hear you. I am lifting you out of the mire and mud. I am lifting you out of the darkness. I love you son. I will redeem you. The future is greater than the past." 


#listen #listening #hope #future #mystery #faith #doubt #fear #safety #god #light

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Hope is Lost

Does God Like Me?

When The Music's Over