Sleep

Sleep is a blessing and a curse when you're depressed.  You want to stay asleep and never wake up. You don't want to deal with the problems and strife of being alive.

This is the struggle. For me night time is when I feel better. The morning means you have to face all the issues and sadness you're avoiding. 

Did Jesus ever not want to wake up? Was he chipper all the time? Or was he tired of being crucified one percent every day? That's how I feel. Like he just watches and does nothing. 

Did it hang over Jesus? Or did he know enough from his life in a previous heaven, that worries do you no good?

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream...

Hamlet struggled with this. To be or not to be. As it were. To just exit and be done with outrageous fortune. And all the pain. 

If there is a God, may he heal all of us who don't want to wake up. Who don't believe he loves them or likes them. Who are overwhelmed by their sins and failures and losses. May they be forgiven, and know they are forgiven. And may God cause their problems to be resolved. And the strength and desire to live.

"Child, tonight I am healing you. I am restoring you. You will sleep well and rest well and you will heal and be a healer to others. Your dreams will be my dreams. I am moving through you and I will turn your sorrow into joy. Joy will always come in the morning." 


#hamlet #live #love #dream #sleep #prophecy #hope #doubt #perchance #morning 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Hope is Lost

Does God Like Me?

When The Music's Over